I've been tagged by Don Mills Diva, and it’s a more organized meme of random things. So let’s hop to it!
Eight Things I am Passionate About
1. My husband
2. My son
3. My daughter
4. My parents and extended family
5.Blogging (how’d ya guess?)
6. Music. Listening to it; hopefully after I practice more, playing again.
7. Shopping. Which is why I should be working. Like, right now.
8. My Fitness classes (BJ with the TJ)
Eight Things I Say Often
1. Do you have to go pee pee?
2. Let’s get on the potty now.
3. Hurry up!
4. Did you pack the drinks?
5. Brush your teeth.
6. Are the dishes in the dishwasher clean?
7. Let’s go to Tim Horton’s.
8. It’s in the laundry basket.
Eight Books I've Read Recently
1. Brick Lane – Monica Ali
2. The Girls - Lori Lansens
3. Brown Bear, Brown Bear -Eric Carle
4. Moo Baa La La La - Sandra Boynton
5. Shopaholic and Sister - Sophie Kinsella (not her best)
6. The Five People You Meet in Heaven – Mitch Bloom
7. The Da Vinci Code – Dan Brown
8. Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress - Dai Sijie
Eight Things I Want To Do Before I Die
1. Go on a cycling tour of Provence with Hubby.
2. See my kids get happily married.
3. Know my grandkids.
4. Go on a speedboat ride in New Zealand.
5. Go to Hong Kong and China with hubby and the kids.
6. Go shopping in Milan and be able to afford to buy something.
7. Go vacationing on the Greek Islands.
8. Visit Russia.
Eight Songs I Can Listen To Over and Over
(– only 8? Hmmm, I must confess I’ve been listening to the 80’s station on Sirius lately)
1. Strange Love – Depeche Mode
2. Dance Away – Roxy Music
3. Inside and Out – Feist
4. Lust for Life – Iggy Pop
5. Wishful Thinking – China Crisis
6. Somewhere Only We Know- Keane
7. Karma Police - Radiohead
8.In Between Days – the Cure
Eight Things That Attract Me To My Friends
1. They think I’m funny.
2. They like me.
3. Their openness
4. Good conversation
6. Good basic hygiene.
7. Their sense of fashion. A girl can always learn
8. If they’re laid back, it’s great. I can be hyper. A ying-yang thing.
Eight Things I Learned In The Past Year
1. A marriage can survive a major renovation. Intact.
2. My kids are growing up way too quickly.
3. Exercise gets even more important as you get older.
4. I actually kinda like the stay at home mom gig. Apparently I’m more laid back now and less scary.
5. I think I may like the work at home gig better.
6. I never knew one could care so much about a kitchen sink.
7. I like my hair longer.
8. My parents are the best. Beyond the best. I already knew that, but as they hit a big milestone birthday this past year, I’ve seen how busy they are with all their children and grandchildren, and their business, their travel, and their socializing and am in constant wonder. I only hope that I have their energy, fortitude and generosity when I’m their age.
I'm always forgetting to TAG! This is a long one, maybe tuck it away for when you need it. If you've survived this and haven't done it already, you are SO IT!